Like many other Indians have you ever thought how Dream 11 makes money? What is the revenue model of Dream 11?
Back in 2008, when India Premier League was launched, it was like a never seen before the event in the Indian Cricketing history. With the start of IPL, another fantasy sport named Dream 11 also started its journey in 2009. This fantasy sport was started by two childhood friends and avid cricket fans named, Bhavit Sheth and Harsh Jain. They started the company with a belief that the sports fantasy league can make it big in a country where cricket is considered a religion. In this article, we will look into the ways how Dream 11 makes money in India.
The idea of starting Dream11 came in the year of 2008, which was the first year of IPL. At that point in time Harsh, who was familiar with the EPL fantasy football, started looking for a similar platform in order to play fantasy cricket in India. However, he was shocked after finding out that India lacked any such fantasy games, even after considering cricket as a religion.
So, after finding a new niche, Harsh started his quest of building the fantasy league for India, which eventually laid the foundation stone of Dream 11 the fantasy league with Bhavit. Soon, the two started experimenting with Dream 11 and found a perfect product for the Indian market in 2012. Since then Dream 11 the fantasy league evolved into the biggest fantasy sports gaming platform in India. This fantasy sport currently offers Cricket, Football, Basketball, and Kabaddi.
However, we will talk only about how the cricket fantasy league app Dream 11 makes money in India.
This year itself Dream Sports, which is the parent company of Dream 11 raised a massive $225 million in its latest funding round. This new funding has also helped the firm, which loves to call itself as an ‘end to end tech company’ to achieve a valuation of $2.5 billion.
Currently, the company has more than 10 crore fans, and investors, which makes it the largest fantasy game in India. However, with so much valuation and user base, people across the country were eager to know how dream 11 makes money for itself.
How to Play Dream 11 Fantasy Cricket
In order to know how Dream 11 makes money in India, at first you need to know that how to play Dream 11 fantasy cricket, you need to create a Dream 11 account on the app or on the website. the next step is creating a team. Every user gets 100 credit points to create a team, and a total of 11 players from both the playing 11 needs to be chosen. All 11 players should comprise the following categories;
- Wicket Keeper (1-2)
- Batsmen (3-5)
- Allrounders (1-3)
- Bowlers (3-5)
In order to play Dream 11 Fantasy Cricket, one can easily see information regarding players, credit required, and total points in the app itself. One can add a player to his/her Dream team according to their statistics and the probability of winning.
In order to make money from Dream 11, the user must choose a captain and a vice-captain for the team. Please note the captain scores 2x points for the user and the vice-captain scores 1.5x points.
Users can also create multiple teams, which increases the chance of winning. Also, it is worth noting that, users can make changes to their squads until the deadline of the match is reached.
Now with all these, you might ask how Dream 11 makes money in India? Or What is the revenue model of Dream 11 in India?
The Revenue (Business) Model of Dream 11 / How Dream 11 Makes Money
As already stated, when launched, Dream 11 was a completely new concept in the Indian cricketing world. There were no such Indian fantasy sports available before Dream 11. So, it helped the company to drive massive numbers of traffic to its website, which also helped people to earn money. However, for many, a major question is how Dream 11 makes money in India?
The Dream 11 app charges an entry fee from the users when they join a contest. Now 20% of the fee gets deducted as the commission and the rest 80% get distributed amongst the winners of a match. As an example, if there are 10 users and Dream 11 charges 100 from each, then the total amount is 1000. So, 20% of 1000 is 200, which adds to the revenue of the owners of Dream 11 and the rest 800 is distributed amongst the winners.
This is the way how Dream 11 makes money in India.
So, if you want to make some quick buck and you have some knowledge of Cricket, or Football, or Basketball, or in Kabaddi then you can start playing Dream 11. Even if you don’t have that much knowledge in these sports, you can then participate in free contests to hone your skills. And, don’t worry Dream 11 is completely legit, I myself have played multiple games and won over 5000 Indian rupees.